Are you interested in having your toy photography featured in the high end LEGO magazine Bricks Culture? Are you a fan of Star Wars? Then our latest contest is for you!
With the latest issue of Bricks Culture hitting the news stands, mailboxes and in-boxes this week (Have you ordered yours?), its time to get ready for our next article for this amazing magazine. Our last article was an homage to the robot in all its many LEGO forms and this time around we want to celebrate LEGO’s very first licensed property – Star Wars.
Of course we want to include some kick ass toy photography to go with our words and this contest will help us find it. We want to see your amazing photographs that celebrate the entire Star Wars Universe that we all know and love. These images can recreate scenes from any of Star Wars eight movies, they can also reinterpret a favorite scene, they can be serious or they can be silly. To put it simply your images do not need to reflect the current Star Wars canon (but if they do, that’s ok too!). We want you to have fun!!
You can submit photos that were taken in a studio or outdoors; they can come straight from your camera or they can be edited with PhotoShop. We’re putting no limits on your creativity as long as you play somewhere in the Star Wars universe! We’re looking for high quality images that represent the best of what we as toy photographers can create. We will be looking for images that are creative, original, well executed, utilize excellent photography skills and that represent the variety of Star Wars related imagery that we see daily on every social media platform.
The best of your submissions will be featured in issue #8 of Bricks Culture that will be released in January of 2017. And just like last time, we will feature a few of our favorite submissions in a follow-up article here on the blog.
I hope you will consider joining this fun challenge. The response from the magazine and from our readers to our last article and contest was wonderful. We fully expect this challenge to be even more amazing; you don’t want to be left out.
- The deadline is Friday, November 25nd, midnight PST.
- The photo needs to include at least one figure from the Star Wars Universe.
- Color or black & white, studio or outdoor photography are all accepted. Editing your work with apps and Photoshop is acceptable.
- We are judging your photography and story telling skills.
- New and old images will be accepted!
- One e-mail submission per person, no more than three images per submission.
- Submissions should be sent to Shelly at [email protected] Please include your contact information (Full name, email, social media handle) with your submission.
- If your image is selected for inclusion with the article we will contact you for the final file.
- You will receive no payment in exchange for publication of your image. Just bragging rights in the coolest LEGO magazine out there.
- Please do not share your entries on Social Media until after we contact the winners.
- Only submit work that’s your own.
- Please do not submit images that have been edited using Instagram filters.
- Any questions, please leave them below in the comments and I will clarify them as best as I can.