Winter Village  

RSS
Boris
(@me2)
Member Crew*

Today is the first Sunday of Advent. It marks the beginning of the Christian liturgical year, and it officially opens the period of Advent. A period of expectant waiting that finds its origins in the wait for the return of the light. The winter solstice. The longest night. A cup of hot chocolate and deep…

This topic was modified 1 week ago 2 times by Maëlick (aka Reiterlied)
This topic was modified 1 week ago by Boris
ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2018 7:50 pm
Maëlick (aka Reiterlied)
(@reiterlied)
Member Crew

That one has been a pass for me ever since I saw the first official pictures. I find the building quite plain and not Christmassy enough. I like the retro car though, and Anton. But not worth getting it for that :P

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2018 7:41 pm
Boris
(@me2)
Member Crew*

Well, I have a special project in mind, so stay tuned.
I hope the project will be Christmassy enough.
Time will tell. 

The car is cool, but the one from the original 10197 is more iconic.
Yet that one sells for 500 EUR today, so this one is for sure a playable alternative that looks cool.
And I will turn this little fire station in a non-winter version one day.
The windows are nice.
The gate is pretty classy, and the firemen minifigures are a new favorite. 

It won't make it to my village, as it does not fit in, but I am sure this one will make it to my Xmas box.

B.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2018 8:00 pm
Lynn
 Lynn
(@Lynn)

I like this set a lot more than I expected to. I bought it mostly because I was impressed with the firefighter minifigs and the Christmas tree but I've had quite a bit of fun photographing it. Nice review! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your photos of this set :-)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2018 10:15 pm
Karine
 Karine
(@Karine)

Love the vintage look of this set, and the Christmas tree, and the snow man, and the minifig and the red door to!
Great set, can't wait to see what you will make with it Boris :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2018 8:22 pm Boris liked
Share: