Tethered Shooting  

RSS
Boris
(@me2)
Member Crew*

Let me kick this geeky gear forum officially open with a question. 

Are you shooting tethered?

If you don't know what tethered shooting is, don't worry.
It is connecting your camera directly to your computer or tablet, so you can see your images directly on the big screen. 

The technique is very handy when you are in your (homemade) studio, as you can directly see the image on the big screen and make sure the images is well composed, is tac sharp, without having to trust the viewfinder or the little screen on the back of the camera.

I started using it in earnest since a few months, and I am totally in love with it.

So, are you shooting tethered?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2018 2:02 pm
Topic Tags
Maëlick (aka Reiterlied)
(@reiterlied)
Member Crew

I tried in the past but I'm not a fan of the combination Lightroom/Nikon. It just sends the picture to the computer but doesn't allow to use liveview. Being able to use liveview on the computer screen would be overkill... But then I'm taking most of my photos outdoors so I guess it wouldn't change my life so much :P

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2018 5:39 pm
Boris
(@me2)
Member Crew*

Aye, I agree it is not for the outdoor shooter. 
Although, I can't wait until someone provides a live view app that works with my iPad. It would be so handy in the field.
Yet, if you shoot inside (and some of us do) it is really well recommended (except that since the last LR update it crashes all the time).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2018 9:55 pm
Share: