Litra vs. Lumecube ...

Litra vs. Lumecube | A Toy Photographers Guide  

RSS
Kenton Anderson
(@kentonanderson)
Member Creative
wpf-cross-image

Recently I was sent some small LED lights from both Litra and Lumecube. I decided that the most beneficial thing to Stuck In Plastic readers would be to compare the two. So I reviewed both specifically for toy photography to let you know which light might be right for you. Litra and Lumecube For those…

Posted : 24/04/2019 8:22 pm
DavidGrafika
(@davidgrafika)
Member Creative

Thanks Kenton for the comparison of these light system.
I was wondering about it, and now I know that I have to sell some of my internal organs to pay a Lumecube system... ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2019 6:03 am
Astrid
 Astrid
(@Astrid)

Thanks a lot Kenton - I have a litra and wanted to complete it with a second cube. I had already thought of the Lumecube, especially because I like the barn doors and snoot so much. I also like the longer battery life and the lower heat development. After reading your review, I am sure it will be a Lumecube

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2019 3:17 pm
Kenton Anderson
(@kentonanderson)
Member Creative

That is the one issue with the Lumecube accessories. They can get quite expensive, but they are a blast!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2019 5:45 pm
Maëlick (aka Reiterlied)
(@reiterlied)
Member Crew

I think they can be also a bit of a rip-off and not very eco-friendly.

They all come in packs and sometimes you only need one of them. For example, the only accessory I really need for the Lumecube is the diffuser dome. To get one, you need to buy 4 of them for 30USD ( https://lumecube.com/collections/gels-diffusion/products/diffusion-bulb-pack). But personally, I only need the strongest one, the 3 others are useless to me. So not only I have to buy the full pack, but if I lose the dome I use, I need to buy again the 3 other domes too...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2019 1:39 pm
Maëlick (aka Reiterlied)
(@reiterlied)
Member Crew

Thanks, Kenton for reminding me that I should get to work and finish writing that blog post I've been planning to write about my experience using the Lumecube for several months now. (Spoiler alert: I'm not using it that much because I've found better and cheaper ;-))

As an outdoor toy photographer, I have quite a different opinion about how good the Lumecube is. For example, I think the light quality is terrible because it's not accurate to daylight. Even with warming gels, it is extremely greenish (and ugly) compared to real daylight or better quality artificial light.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/04/2019 1:45 pm
Kenton Anderson
(@kentonanderson)
Member Creative

I am curious to know what you are currently using for lighting. I always like to learn about new options.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2019 12:53 am
Share: