Well, October is the month of Pumpkins, bats, skeletons, and spooky things. Yet at the same time, we are already looking towards winter, Christmas… and our annual card exchange.
Even though Christmas is more than two and a half months away, we have already started preparing this year’s card exchange. We have opened our registrations through our Discord Forum.
We are now opening the registration form to all toy photographers and are expecting even more people to sign up.
Yep. You. We know you have always wanted to join.
We are super excited about this.
The basic idea of the card exchange is to print one of your photos as a postcard and send it to other toy photographers around the world with a personal message. We send and receive postcards with amazing toy photography from all over the world and illuminate the life of friendly people.
Furthermore, you will select a special someone, such as a family member or friend, who will also receive beautiful postcards from strangers (us) all around the world. From the previous years, we can tell you that your special someone will be excited to receive so many nice postcards. (And maybe even surprised if you keep it a secret.)
So, if you want to send and receive some Christmas joy in your letterbox, please join the fun!
You can sign up till the 23th of October.
The Main Steps
We keep the same concept as in previous years:
- Sign up here;
- Make or order quality prints of one (or more) of your favorite toy photography picture;
- Handwrite your postcards;
- Put them in envelopes;
- And send them to all the people in your group.
This is your part.
On our side, we will send you the list of all participants’ names and addresses, and we will make some groups of people, depending on the number of participants.
Each group will include a maximum of 12 photographers plus their nominated friends.
This means you will send no more than 23 postcards and no less than 11, depending on the number of registrations.
Then, you will start to receive postcards and enjoy the excitement of opening your letterbox every day in December.
(Or you can keep them closed and open them all at the same time on the 25th.)
A Few Obligations
To make this experience a success for everyone, we ask everybody who wants to join to:
- Print your own toy photography picture. It can be a special one made for this occasion or one of your already taken pictures. ➡️Please, make quality prints.⬅️Many of us like to use Moo, but you can use alternatives on the web. Just make sure they are of good quality.
- Handwrite your postcard. Yes, it’s quite a lot of work, but signing your cards makes the experience much more personal.
- Send it in an envelope. You want it to cross the world harmless. And some of us like to keep unopened all the cards until Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
- Join our #Xmas postcard discord channel as that is where we will share last minute news and answer questions promptly
The Detailed Steps
If you want to take part in this year’s card exchange, follow the following instructions:
- Register for the SiP Card exchange by filling out the form before October 23. Double-check your address to make sure you didn’t make any mistakes.
- Join the discord Xmas channel
- During the registration process, provide us with the address of a friend or family member. That person will also receive a postcard from each toy photographer who will send you a photo.
- On October 23 at the latest, we will send you the addresses of all the toy photographers and their friends to who you have to send a postcard. There will be no more than 12 toy photographers in a group so you won’t have to print and send more than 23 postcards (11 toy photographers, 11 of their friends, and your own friend).
- Print your postcards.
- Handwrite and sign your cards, put them in envelopes, and send them before December 1, so your cards arrive in time for Christmas.
- Enjoy December by receiving handwritten postcards from all over the world (and maybe discover new toy photographers).
We hope that you will join the fun this year,
The SiP Crew